Connect with nature more deeply with your friends and family, and forget the hassle of traditional camping gear, because glamping is here to amp up your world. Birthed from the words glamorous and camping, glamping is a refreshing alternative to the usual hotel or resort vacations. Glamping is a hassle-free way to enjoy nature in luxury. Your glamping Malaysia 2023 plan is about to kickstart.
Glamping is a great outdoor adventure, as you’ll be surrounded by greens, and they’re usually located in areas where the skies are clear at night. You can gaze at the stars at night, and you’ll be far away from busy cities.
You don’t have to travel out of Malaysia as there are unique glamping spots and experiences around. Our country is made up of tropical forest landscapes, so you can immerse yourself in the wonders of nature. You can be enjoying the cold breeze atop a mountain or building a campfire in the forest, you can relax and unwind in your eco-friendly lodging, surrounded by the beauty of nature.
Glamping Malaysia 2023: Where To Go
#1 Japamala Resort by Samadhi
Japamala Resort by Samadhi is nestled in Lanting Village, Pahang, and is a multi-award, hidden gem that offers a mix of forest greenery and clear blue waters of the sea. It is an ideal place if you’re seeking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Also, if you are in search of a romantic escape, then look no further.
This resort is well known for its sustainable practices and eco-friendly accommodations. The resort is powered by solar energy and uses rainwater harvesting to conserve water. The accommodations are made from sustainable materials, such as bamboo and recycled wood.
There are many water-based activities during your stay here, from snorkelling to scuba diving. Japamala also has swimming pools and a spa facility if you desire relaxation. As for food, you can choose from a wide variety of Thai, Chinese, and Malay dishes at the Tamarind restaurant overlooking the beach. Also, check out Batu, an Italian restaurant by the beach that is great for relaxation.
If you are looking for more adventure, then there are several boat excursions to take you to nearby islands, bays, and villages. Also, you can jungle trek to Genting Village and catch the sunset viewpoint. To get to Japamala Resort, there are convenient land and private car transfers between Mersing Jetty, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore. If you prefer a public ferry service, then stop by the Mersing Jetty. It will take you about two hours to reach.
- Location: Lanting Village, Pahang, Malaysia
- Type of resort: Glamping resort
- Awards: Multi-award-winning
- Features: Forest greenery, clear blue waters, swimming pools, spa facility, Tamarind restaurant (Thai, Chinese, and Malay dishes), Batu restaurant (Italian), boat excursions, jungle trek to Genting Village and sunset viewpoint
- Transportation: Land and private car transfers between Mersing Jetty, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore; public ferry service from Mersing Jetty (two hours)
#2 Tadom Hill Resort
Tadom Hill Resort that’s located in Selangor has a harmonious blend of natural beauty, and views of limestone hills, turquoise springs, and the refreshing forest air. This place will ignite your love for nature. Over here, you have two options: Glamp or Tadom Bamboo Suites which is a premium chalet.
Tadom Hill Resort is committed to sustainability, using bamboo for all its structural needs. Other than the eco-friendly accommodations, Tadom Hill provides an array of amenities, including diving equipment, water swing lounge chairs and a Tarzan swing.
The resort’s proximity to Kuala Lumpur International Airport is only a 15-minute drive away and a convenient one-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur. The strategic location makes sure that your journey to this haven is swift and convenient. Tadom Hill Resort is one of the most unique glamping spots in Malaysia.
- Location: Selangor, Malaysia
- Type of resort: Glamping resort
- Accommodations: Glamping tents and Tadom Bamboo Suites (premium chalets)
- Amenities: Diving equipment, water swing lounge chairs, Tarzan swing
- Sustainability: Committed to sustainability, uses bamboo for all structural needs
- Transportation: Conveniently located just a 15-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and a one-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur
#3 Sailor’s Rest Resort
Sailor’s Rest stands at an impressive altitude of 600 meters above sea level and is nestled in the renowned Titiwangsa Mountain Range. This unique glamping spot finds its home deep within the heart of the tropical jungle, so you can immerse yourself in the lush flora and fauna. You will also be serenaded by the soothing sounds and invigorating scents of the jungle.
Sailor’s Rest has a few glamping options for those seeking the perfect blend of comfort and nature. You can enjoy quality mattresses, hotel-grade bedding sheets, and a comforter. The common toilets have a garden and a hot and cold rain shower. Glamping aside, Sailor’s Rest has a variety of accommodations, including a three-bedroom main house with a one-room annexe, a houseboat, two Kampung Chalets, two Modern Chalets, a dining hall, a conference hall, three fish ponds, and a manicured garden.
- Location: Titiwangsa Mountain Range, Malaysia
- Altitude: 600 meters above sea level
- Surroundings: Lush tropical jungle
- Glamping options: Tents with queen-size beds, hotel-grade bedding, and private bathrooms with hot and cold showers
- Other accommodations: Three-bedroom main house with a one-room annexe, houseboat, two Kampung Chalets, two Modern Chalets, dining hall, conference hall, three fish ponds, and manicured garden
#4 Gopeng Glamping Park
The Gopeng Glamping Park is a renowned and established glamping hotspot in West Malaysia, and it promotes luxury glamping. If you’re looking for a spot for corporate team building or family vacations, then this resort has it all!
Gopeng Glamping Park features Perak’s vast picturesque landscapes of greenery and dense wilderness. Gopeng Glamping simply outdoes itself with a uniquely designed ensemble of experiences fit for almost any occasion.
The resort offers free WiFi, buffet meals, BBQ dinners, and a whole lot of activities. Gopeng Glamping Park is a balance between luxury and simplicity so that you don’t have to lose touch with nature.
- Location: Gopeng, Perak, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Tents, pods, and cabins
- Amenities: Free WiFi, buffet meals, BBQ dinners, and a variety of activities
- Popularity: Renowned and established glamping hotspot in West Malaysia, a popular destination for corporate team building and family vacations.
#5 Caravan Serai Exclusive Private Villas & Eco Resort
If you’re searching for the best glamping sites in Malaysia, then consider Caravan Serai Exclusive Private Villas & Eco Resort. It is located in Bentong, Pahang, and this accommodation offers a selection of luxurious tents equipped with modern bathrooms, showers, fans, complimentary bottled water, and scenic pool views.
Apart from the comfortable tents, there are plenty of other facilities, like a beautiful garden, an inviting outdoor pool, and a versatile banquet hall for special events. It is about two hours drive from Pahang or just 70 minutes from Kuala Lumpur. While staying here, be sure to explore the nearby Bentong Walk – a 15-minute drive away, to immerse yourself in the local culture and cuisine.
- Location: Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Luxurious tents equipped with modern bathrooms, showers, fans, complimentary bottled water, and scenic pool views
- Other facilities: Beautiful garden, inviting outdoor pool, versatile banquet hall for special events
- Distance from Pahang: Two hours drive
- Distance from Kuala Lumpur: 70 minutes
- Nearby attractions: Bentong Walk (15-minute drive away)
#6 Tiarasa Escapes Glamping Resort
Located at the base of Janda Baik Hill, the Tiarasa Escapes Glamping Resort has safari-style terraced villas and cosy tents. There’s a king-sized bed, a sofa, a safe deposit box, a hair dryer, accessible Wi-Fi, a private bathroom, and even toiletries are provided.
There is a crystal-clear river that invites families to unwind and enjoy the refreshing water. Also, Tiarasa Escapes Glamping Resort has been honoured with an award from WHZ Environmental Design for its ingenious integration of natural elements such as water, lush vegetation, and varied topography with contemporary room amenities. The resort’s commitment to sustainability is its use of recycled wood throughout the buildings.
It is about a 45-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur. During your stay, you’ll be treated to panoramic vistas of verdant trees, thriving orchards, and diverse local fauna. This might just be the best glamping place in Malaysia.
- Location: At the base of Janda Baik Hill, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Safari-style terraced villas and cosy tents, all equipped with king-size beds, sofas, safe deposit boxes, hair dryers, Wi-Fi, private bathrooms, and toiletries
- Other facilities: Crystal-clear river, panoramic vistas of verdant trees, thriving orchards, and diverse local fauna
- Sustainability: Award-winning design integrates natural elements with contemporary room amenities; uses recycled wood throughout buildings
- Distance from Kuala Lumpur: 45-minute drive
#7 Sea Horizon Resort
Located at the fishing village of Sedili Besar, Sea Horizon Resort stands tall, and perched on a breathtaking cliffside overlooking the South China Sea. This resort draws its inspiration from the local culture, the people, and architectural heritage, paying homage to the spirits of old seafarers who once roamed these shores. If you’re looking for family glamping in Malaysia, then look no further.
The resort works closely with local fishermen to repurpose discarded fishing nets, tackles, buoys, and various tools to create unique exhibits. One of Sea Horizon Resort’s standout features is the Stargazer Dome, which offers a truly unique accommodation experience.
You will be waking up to an unobstructed panoramic sea view from the edge of a cliff while lying in your plush bed. Each dome is strategically placed to provide you and your family with maximum seclusion and privacy. For travellers, the nearest airport is Senai International Airport in Johor, about a 1.5-hour drive from Sea Horizon Resort. It’s also about a 90-minute drive away from the city area, while Kuala Lumpur can be reached in approximately five hours by car.
- Location: Fishing village of Sedili Besar, Johor, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Stargazer Domes, other glamping accommodations
- Inspiration: Local culture, people, and architectural heritage
- Features: Repurposed fishing materials, unobstructed panoramic sea views, seclusion and privacy
- Distance from Senai International Airport: 1.5-hour drive
- Distance from Johor Bahru: 90-minute drive
- Distance from Kuala Lumpur: 5-hour drive
#8 Cabana Retreat
Cabana Retreat offers a pretty peaceful beachfront vacation that is perfect for those seeking a touch of luxury while wanting a good time with nature. It can be a relaxing getaway or a special event, this retreat can do both and many more. Each cabin is thoughtfully furnished with plush beds and contemporary room decor.
You can enjoy various amenities, including housekeeping services, Wi-Fi access, bathrooms, and grilling facilities. Remember to check out the River Cruise and Fireflies Tour if you are looking to spot local wildlife. You can also opt for water sports, surfing, thrilling ATV rides, and the exhilarating Splash Land.
Situated along the scenic Rampayan Beach in Kota Belud, Cabana Retreat has access to the sandy shores right from your luxurious tent. If you’re up for a more exciting adventure, consider booking a boat excursion to Mantanani Island.
- Location: Kampung Rampayan Laut, Jalan Kudat, 89150 Kota Belud, Sabah, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Glamping tents in four sizes: Classic, Deluxe Single, Deluxe Queen, and Quad
- Amenities: Beach, breakfast, free WiFi, toiletries, daily housekeeping, in-room dining service, barbecue, river cruise and fireflies tour, Mantanani island tour, ATV ride
- Sustainability: Committed to sustainability, using natural materials and eco-friendly practices
#9 Dusun Bonda
This glamping site was inspired by the love of a mother, which is where its respective name – Bonda – came from. At the resort, you will see hanging lights that glow like fireflies in the night and a rustic, cosy assortment of beautifully decorated huts for visitors to relax in.
Dusun Bonda is located within a fruit orchard that’s surrounded by a lush tropical environment. Besides, you can also enjoy hot springs and an outdoor pool, or even hike trails and engage in kid-friendly activities.
- Location: Kampung Sungai Lembing, Pahang, Malaysia
- Accommodation: Traditional Malay houses
- Activities and experiences: Homestay, cooking classes, hiking, river rafting, visiting local attractions
#10 Rustcamps Glamping Resort
If you are looking for nature and comfort, then look no further than Rustcamps Glamping Resort. It is made for those who love the great outdoors without sacrificing the luxuries of a hotel stay.
The resort is thoughtfully equipped with essential amenities such as Wi-Fi, access to a hot tub in Genting Highlands, and toiletries. Have fun at the outdoor Jacuzzi if you are there on a honeymoon. For families and larger groups, there’s an 8-person public Jacuzzi that you can enjoy.
Rustcamps Glamping Resort is nestled within a green environment with constant, refreshing cool air. Also, get involved in lighting a bonfire and enjoy a delightful picnic with your friends and family. You don’t have to bring any equipment, as Rustcamps Glamping Resort has you covered.
You can easily access Rustcamps Glamping Resort by car, with a travel time of about 90 minutes. Immerse yourself in this natural haven, and you’ll find enticing attractions nearby. The Genting Highland Premium Outlets is only 11 minutes’ drive away, and the Genting Skyworlds Theme Park is just a 20-minute drive from the resort.
- Location: Genting Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Glamping tents
- Amenities: Wi-Fi, hot tub, outdoor Jacuzzi, toiletries, picnic equipment
- Surroundings: Green environment with refreshing cool air
- Nearby attractions: Genting Highland Premium Outlets (11-minute drive), Genting Skyworlds Theme Park (20-minute drive)
#11 Sunway Lost World of Tambun
Sunway Lost World of Tambun is located in Ipoh and has a luxurious glamping site. There are two packages available: one for four people (two adults and two children) and another just for two adults.
All packages come with breakfast at the Garden Terrace, a theme park access, and a Lost World Hot Springs Night Park entry. Each beautiful tent is thoughtfully equipped with a fan, power sockets, a cabinet with a mirror, hotel-quality amenities, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Besides, for those looking to enjoy some scrumptious barbecue, it is available for an extra charge of RM150.
Sunway Lost World of Tambun can be accessed from Kuala Lumpur in just two hours. Meanwhile, downtown Ipoh is a quick 20-minute drive away, allowing you to explore the local area more easily.
- Location: Ipoh, Malaysia
- Accommodations: Glamping tents for four people (two adults and two children) or two adults
- Inclusions: Breakfast at the Garden Terrace, theme park access, Lost World Hot Springs Night Park entry
- Amenities: Fan, power sockets, cabinet with a mirror, hotel-quality amenities, complimentary Wi-Fi
- Additional services: Barbecue (RM150 extra charge)
- Distance from Kuala Lumpur: 2 hours
- Distance from downtown Ipoh: 20 minutes\
#12 Sekeping Serendah Retreat in Serendah, Selangor
Sekeping Serendah Retreat which is located in Serendah, Selangor boast a minimalist, open decor that spans across a variety of tents, glass boxes, timber sheds, warehouses, and many more types. Furnishings are kept to a minimum, so you will have all the space to soak in maximum dreamy daylight and verdant views. The biggest tent can accommodate up to 14 people, and there are numerous family-friendly outdoor activities like jungle trekking, fishing, and dipping in waterfalls. Alao, the Serendah Golf Course around the corner is also a must-visit especially if you’re a golf enthusiast.
- Location: Serendah, Selangor
- Accommodations: Tents, glass boxes, timber sheds, warehouses, and many more types, with a minimalist, open decor
- Furnishings: Minimal, to maximize space and allow guests to soak in the dreamy daylight and verdant views
- Capacity: The biggest tent can accommodate up to 14 people
- Amenities: Family-friendly outdoor activities like jungle trekking, fishing, and dipping in waterfalls; Serendah Golf Course is also nearby
- Target audience: Families, golf enthusiasts
#13 Chengal Hill Retreat in Bentong, Pahang
Located in Bentong, Pahang, Chengal Hill Retreat is really like no other. It has a truly Malaysian countryside charm that is inspired by traditional kampung homes. There are plenty of accommodation types available, from tents to chalets to Apache huts, and more.
Some of them are made with chengal wood. They are carved and crafted in quintessentially Malay design and style. Chengal Hill Retreat is ideal for family glamping, as it has a safe children’s space with shallow water, barbecue pits, wading streams, nearby waterfalls, and hiking trails, to name a few.
- Location: Bentong, Pahang
- Accommodations: Tents, chalets, Apache huts, and more, some made with chengal wood in a quintessentially Malay design and style
- Amenities: Safe children’s space with shallow water, barbecue pits, wading streams, nearby waterfalls, and hiking trails
- Target audience: Families
Malaysia has an abundance of glamping spots, so there is no need to travel abroad for a unique and unforgettable experience. With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect spot to relax and reconnect with nature.
LET US HELP YOU FIND THE BEST GLAMPING SPOTS AROUND MALAYSIA.
REACH OUT TO US AT +603 2303 9100
You may also be interested in: